A bunch of links I've been saving for the past few months. Maybe I should do this monthly, they do pile up.
- 5 Strangest Books Ever Written
- Female Illness and the Male Gaze
- The Adorable Side of Schizophrenia in Benny and Joon. It was one of my favourite movies, but this article is really good and I can't stand Johnny Depp anymore.
- About John Reeves, the Canadian photographer. I especially liked the photo of Jackie Burroughs.
- Just wow. TW: rape and gaslighting.
- Making America White Again by Toni Morrison
- Really good article about Mariah from Luke Cage.
- Peel and A Girls Own Story, both directed by Jane Campion. Darn strange. And was that one shot in Peel really necessary Jane?
- The Private Life of a Cat
- To Die By Your Side. Cute, though I think they should have made that Lucy instead of Mina.
- Socially Awkward Edgar Allan Poe: DRAW MY LIFE
- It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Really good critique of By The Sea
- Strange AF car commercial short starring Mads Mikkelsen.
- Miu Mius Women's Tales. I especially liked the ones by Ava DuVernay, Miranda July and Crystal Moselle.
- The Red Shoes
- Even if you don't like Twilight, these short films are mostly good.
- The Architecture of Reassurance
- Escape from New York by Zadie Smith. Has an audio recording.
- They used "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen in Donnie Darkos theatrical cut, but "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS in the directors one. They are both georgous songs, but I think "TKM" works better. Also, I probably wouldn't have heard any Echo songs for years if it hadn't been for that movie. Whereas, my mom and sister are big INXS fans, so I would have heard "NTUA" at some point.
- An Antiques Roadshow appraisal of Ray Bradbury books.
- Another one for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I didn't like that book too much, but this was sweet.