Scavenger Hunt by Peter Likes Books
This was done with my own books.
1. Find your favorite book. White Oleander by Janet Fitch is one of them.
2. Find another author who has either the first or last name in their name of the author in #1. Pick any book by that author. Masquerade by Janet Dailey. Is a book I read and will soon leave at a Little Free Library.
3. Open that book and go to page 74 . On the 3rd line down, pick out two words and find another book with those two words in the title. Bah! I'm just realizing it's supposed to be page 74 and not page 73 like I did. Whatever. The sentence was "leaving him. "You disappoint me, Mr. Buchanan. I thought you were". I chose The Last Summer of You and Me by Ann Brashares.
4. Once you have found that book, find another book with a similar context. The above book is about family and secrets and whatnot at the beach during summer. My first pick was Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, but went with Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann.
5. Upon finding that book, find a diverse book with a similar title. So I was looking for a book with either an animal, a colour, or something to do with the weather in the title. I went with Your Blues Ain't Like Mine by Bebe Campbell Moore, a book that I loved.
6. Pick a name of one of the main characters from that book and find another book that has that name in the title. It has multiple POVs, but I decided to try finding for Lily and Ida. Lily was a no go, and I tried finding a word with Ida in it, like "bridal". I had to use my inventory spreadsheet for this and got Kaleidascope by Danielle Steel.
7. Open that book to any page and pick a word without looking. That is your word. The word was "fell".
8. Go to your favorite section and find the first book you see that has your word in the title. I don't have a favourite section among my shelves. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte.
9. You have found the book the universe is leading you to read! I will put the four of these I haven't read, higher up on my immediate TBR shelf. Which means I probably still wont read them for a year at least.
10. Buy or checkout your book! I will try this again at the downtown library in the future.